Why Will Ye Die?
Tragic Death of Rose DiSanto in Yoe York City. Headline read "SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO DIE"
I. She Might Be Alive Today if the transit authority had implemented safety recommendations.
A. The application for us today.
1. God's Word commands us to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature.
2. But is it really a priority for us?
3. Jesus said, "Say not ye, There are yet four months, and then cometh the harvest? Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest." Jn. 4:35
4. Do you get the sense of urgency in the Savior's words?
5. We cannot afford to sit back and grow complacent in this matter... people are dying and going to hell!
II. She might be alive today if the conductor had foreseen the tragedy.
A. The application: He is like many Christians today who simply fail to see the seriousness of hell for theirFriends and love ones.
1. One day we will stand before God and give an account of what we have done and what we have failed to do.
2. If we have failed to warn the wicked of the consequences of their life we will be held accountable.
3. Note: Ezekiel 3:18
4. We have been given the message of eternal life, what will we do with it?
III. She might be alive today if she had listened to the passengers' screams.
A. The application: What is keeping you from accepting Jesus Christ today?
1. Whatever it is, let it go!
2. Don't let it drag you down to hell.
People need the Lord and we are the only ones who can share the truth with them. God wants to save this world from sin's consequences. We must tell the lost about Christ!